1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 Hybrid Battery Cover Tan Fasteners

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tim Hardaway, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Tim Hardaway

Tim Hardaway Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi everyone, first post on here. What a great resource!

Thanks to the site, I successfully completed a cleaning of my hybrid battery cooling fan. When I was putting everything back together, I broke a couple of the white fasteners which connect the plastic cover on top of the hybrid battery pack. There is still one intact holding it in place.

What is the name of these type of fasteners so I can go a-searching for replacements? They're not the black push pin variety.

Here are a few pics for reference. The first is the fastener itself, all bunged up. Pics 2 and 3 with the arrows show where these fasteners connect the cover to the hybrid battery.

Battery Cover Fasteners.jpg Battery Cover pic 1.png Battery Cover Pic 2.png

Thanks in advance for help!
    -Tim

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    SFO and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. Tim Hardaway

Tim Hardaway Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My man! Thank you and perfect!

"The ones you have actually look ok"
    I might try them again, but I don't think so. I tried to jam them in and they got crunched, hence the situation.

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They are ridiculously expensive when you buy them per each... Best to buy in bulk and coordinate with someone on here who could use the extras, or vice versa. Here's the 146 piece box I usually buy for all things Toyota for $9: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203102107147

SFO likes this.
  5. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    If it doesn't work, you could always cover the holes with tape to prevent the forced air from escaping via the holes, which I've done before.

Raytheeagle likes this.