1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 key fob remote case replacement - particular details

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by 1000uf, Aug 21, 2023.

1. 1000uf

1000uf New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had bought an used 2007 (second generation) Prius, one of its key fob case was really worn out. I bought a new shell to replace it, but then it wouldn't start the car no matter what. I actually thought it may be the battery and put new ones in and had no success. I was going out of my mind. Finally, I found that I had left the transmitter chip in the old case. Thank goodness I didn't throw it out!

To help others with a step-by-step guide, I made a video with a complete dissection of the remote key controller for Toyota Prius second generation. Enable/disable smart proximity no-contact start/stop; changing key case; understanding how to start the car even without the remote circuit; locating the transmitter chip for starting the car.

elliot333 and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done, thank you!

3. Pioneerscot

Pioneerscot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you happen to have a link to that case, mine is all peeled back at the buttons ? TU in advance

4. elliot333

elliot333 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Super helpful, thank you!