1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. twistdb34r

twistdb34r New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    My inlaws gave me their old Gen 2 (2009) Prius when they bought their 2021 Prius Prime a few weeks ago. I've been trying to get the MFD to display anything, since it hasn't worked in awhile. I replaced one with one that I knew works (a friend pulled it out of a same year prius, same model # MFD) and it won't power on. What should I check to make sure it's getting power? Is a fuse responsible?

It's my first Prius after wanting one since the Gen 2 came out, so not sure what to do here. If it is the actual MFD, would there be a place I could send it to for repair in the DC area?

Thanks!

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    What is the model number of the MFD?

I can provide a photo of which pins on the car side plug should have 12v power. At least that way, you'll know if you have power or if something is missing.

Does everything else work? Radio? Speedometer, etc?

SFO likes this.
  3. twistdb34r

twistdb34r New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    86110-47230 is what is on the back of the unit ... Everything else seems to work, when i turn on the radio, it plays whatever station my MIL was listening to last, the speedo works. Just, no display on the MFD

4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Here is a photo of my test harness used for the Hi Def models like the 47230.
    If you have 12v at those pins, and read ground on the other 2, then you're getting the correct power to the unit and you likely just have a failure of the mfd screen or the supporting electronics.

MFD test harness HiDef.JPG

twistdb34r and ydpplqbd like this.
  5. twistdb34r

twistdb34r New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It appears as if the green wire has 0v going to it. Is there a fuse I should check?

6. oldtechaa

oldtechaa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    Everything should be fused on the same ECU-B fuse under the steering wheel by the emergency brake. Just one wire should not be on a separate fuse. You'll probably need to start tracing back the wiring then, which someone more experienced can probably help with. Interesting to see an MFD failure that's not the fault of the MFD, since so many are right now.