1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 no start/time not running

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by donzoh1, Jan 21, 2023.

1. donzoh1

donzoh1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My Gen 2 won't start but might be several months before I can get to it. Dash do lights come on when jump pack is attached. Is it beneficial to disconnect 12v battery and/or orange safety plug or would that be of no value?

Tombukt2 likes this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You'll need to sort the 12 volt is you first so when you get back it'll be dead again or whatever forget the jump pack go get another battery that passes a load test for the size battery it is and install that in the car Don't mess with the jump pack just it's not worth your trouble this is not jumping a car to turn a starter motor. So just straighten the 12 volt out and have that right and then see what you have whether some of those lights disappear when you get it started see if you get it ready the green ready light if you do back the car out drive around whatever and see what you have see what the battery meter is telling you .

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    can you charge the 12v? disconnect the neg either way.

no need to touch the safety plug, the hybrid battery is disconnected when off

donzoh1 likes this.
  4. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Has it sat for a long time? Like 6 months or more? 12 Volt battery test at an Auto Parts store would be a good starting point. Make sure your connections are tight especially the ground. How old is the 12V battery? More than 4 years? hmmmm. MIght be time for a new one. The date ought to be on a sticker on the top of the battery. I live not to far from you and have the Dr. Prius APP. PM me if you need help.