1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 Prius Average Price ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriuSocal, Feb 27, 2024.

1. PriuSocal

PriuSocal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been considering wether or not to sell my gen 2 as my Uber days are coming to a close and began looking online (offer-up, craigslist and fb mkplace) to see current gen 2 pricing but its all over the place here in SoCal. Price varies from $3k-$7k and haven't really seen any with similar miles to mine (except salvage title ones which mine isn't)

Mine is a clean title 08 Base Model, 251k, 2nd owner, Silver, clean inside and out, no leaks or mechanical issues. Paint 8/10 - Body 8/10 - Interior 9/10 - Mechanical 10/10 and HV battery in good condition.

What do you all think something along those lines is going for realistically nowadays?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    People are getting their senses back pretty much is it when people start talking to me about a 250,000 mi anything I tell them five $600 there is no 250,000 mi vehicle around my way worth 3 to $7,000 I don't care that you paid $30,000 for it that's your problem those were your wants desires and or needs being met by you. So there's things like that and I think people are realizing that when you buy something with 250,000 mi on it things are going to get costly that's why I don't pay 3 to $7,000 for these cars out of the question I haven't paid over two for myself and other people in my family do what they want so there's always that I have time to wait I have motorcycles to ride all kinds of weird vehicles so I don't have to do anything rash one vehicle gets taken out I jump in another one no rush for me to run out and find something because I have to today or tomorrow or I won't get to work so urgency has a lot to do with these kind of purchases and what have you people think something's drastically going to change because they buy this $8,000 $250,000 mi something another Not really. So that's why prices are all over the place once you get to that kind of mileage 200 and 200k plus. I think people are starting to realize this kind of thing is unsustainable I saw a Yaris the other day in mint perfect condition with 490,000 mi on it and the people wanted $4,500 and I politely told them that they were out of their minds.

3. Ship_shape

Ship_shape Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Go to searchtempest dot com and enter:
    “gen2 prius”

it will display results from
    Craigslist ,
    Facebook mktpl (fb acct not required)
    eBay

this will definitely answer your question regarding the current price for a gen2 .

Graeme1949 likes this.
  4. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also, if you do sell it, try contacting some cab companies. I still see Gen 2's cabs in SoCal. Not that I see that many cabs, but the ones that I do see are greatly enriched for Gen2 and Gen3 and V prius models compared to the general car population.