1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 prius chronic dashboard light problem I fixed it

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Nkrika, Jan 14, 2024.

1. Nkrika

Nkrika New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I have a 2009 prius touring model and the indicator was not working when I bought the vehicle. Toyota service gave me a price of 2000 dollars for repair and when this was too much for me, I repaired it myself. I bought a capacitor and a soldering machine and rolled up my sleeves. I tried very hard not to break parts while disassembling the vehicle, but I finally succeeded. I removed the capacitor from its place and replaced it with a more powerful and high quality capacitor I bought on the internet. But you have to be really precise while doing this. It cost about 100 dollars including the machine and capacitor and of course 9 hours of labor. I would like to help others who have this problem.
    (I tried to upload my photos here but I keep getting an error message)

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    upload has been broken for awhile

3. Brian1954

Brian1954 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is a very common problem on a Gen 2 and has been discussed for years. Take a look at this thread: https://priuschat.com/index.php?threads/161268/