1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 Prius not charging HV batteries over 34 mph

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Marty Lafreniere, May 10, 2021.

1. Marty Lafreniere

Marty Lafreniere Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is my first post. I have a 2009 with 250,000 miles on it. This is a project vehicle at this point. I purchased it for commuting from Los Angeles to Northern California twice a week. This worked out great. I have replaced the coolant pump a few times but beyond that it uses a bit of oil but it has been great. I have since moved to Austin. I was on a 600 mile trip from Austin to El Paso TX and my HV battery stopped charging when the vehicle is traveling over 34 mph. This made for a very long trip back from El Paso but seems like there is a relay or fuse that blew. I thought it was the inverter at first but it charges the batteries normally under 34 mph. I did a test on the batteries and they are all fine. Any ideas what this problem could be? There are no codes and no Triangle of death.