1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 Retirement Options

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by clintonrebel, Jun 25, 2023.

1. clintonrebel

clintonrebel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    2007 Prius with 264,000 miles is getting close to end-of-life. I've had all the basic issues for years.....dash lights go out intermittently, but always come back, the P1116 code and P1150 codes come up, but I think its the sensor going bad because the car still runs like a top and gets 42-44 MPG. I could handle all of this forever, but a few weeks ago, I got them combination of all four brake indicator lights staying on at the same time which I think means an expensive and dangerous issue with the actuator.

I am still driving the car but I am considering all options to retire it. I can get $1,000 at CarMax or several other outlets but is there a market for cars such as this within the Prius community? I don't mind a summer road trip if there are reputable specialty places that want cars such as this.

And yes, I'm getting a bit depressed knowing I will never own a car this reliable ever again.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We have a 'prius cars for sale' sub here on PriusChat, which is a great place to list : Prius Cars For Sale | PriusChat
    Post some interior/exterior pictures, and if possible a hybrid compatible OBD2 code scan, as this may be helpful to anyone interested (even yourself, no need to give up on the magic!!). If interested in a road trip, suggest a direction, though the BestCoast is a given :whistle: