1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 3 Prius Door Lock issue

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by RoadRageless, Jan 14, 2018.

1. RoadRageless

RoadRageless New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Newbie here... I've been reading through the forums and can't seem to find the right solution to my issue.
    1. None of my doors lock using the switch on either the drivers side or the passenger side. y
    2. The only way to arm the alarm is to manually lock all doors, close the door and then use the FOB to arm the alarm.
    3. The FOB won't lock or unlock any of the doors. I've tried leaving one door at a time locked to see if the any of the doors would lock / unlock to no avail.
    4. When I hit the unlock button on either the drivers side or the passenger side door, I hear a click near the internal fuse box but nothing near the doors.
    5. The fuse appears to be good. I've replaced it with another 25A fuse and still no go.
    6. I don't hear the clicking noise (obviously) when I pull the fuse out and then hit the lock / unlock button on the passenger or drivers side door.
    It seems like there's a problem with a module somewhere that delivers power to all of the actuators but I have no idea where that is. could this be some battery related issue? Should I just take it in?

Maka likes this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    How good are you at just systematically following a wiring diagram and testing at various places until you come to where the goodness ends and the badness begins? That's probably what it will come to in this case; the situation you've described isn't one of those where dozens of PriusChatters are going to jump in saying the same exact thing happened to them.

You can find the wiring diagram on techinfo.toyota.com.

If that's not the kind of challenge that sounds like fun to you, there's always the option of taking it in.

-Chap

RCO, jerrymildred and Prodigyplace like this.
  3. RoadRageless

RoadRageless New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the quick response. I don't mind DIY'ing this thing but likely won't have the tools or the time to do so. I'm going to assume it's not an actuator given that the odds of all four breaking at once seems highly unlikely. I'll check with some shops to see what they say.

Just wanted to check to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have you checked the 12v battery?

5. RoadRageless

RoadRageless New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Haven't check that one yet. Are there any other symptoms that I would see if I have a 12V battery issue (i.e. power windows are all super slow.)

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's random, hard to say. if it's original, might be time to replace it. if you would rather not spend the money, learn how to test it, it's easy.

7. Maka

Maka New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No kidding I've been looking everywhere about this and matter of fact i have exact same issue ! If you get it resolved or find more info please let me know ceers!