1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 3 seats in a Gen 2 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by guod, Dec 18, 2012.

1. guod

guod New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I HATE the seats in my 2004 prius, as i have started getting neck pain and soreness after my daily commute and want to know if there is something I can do to better the seat in the car. I know that people have done some mods to get corolla seats, but i was wondering if anyone knew anything about putting a Gen 3 prius seat in the gen 2, as i have heard they are more comfortable.

any thoughts?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    you can modify the seat cushion, but options are really limited... Lots of exercise, massage, yoga etc

3. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I agree the seats are VERY lacking...I've been tempted to Fab a seat bracket and mount the Lexus IS250/350 series leather seat-
    [​IMG]
    its heated, cooled and quite a bit more comfortable.

PriusCamper likes this.
  4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's a sweat seat... Do they make 'em in a non-leather version?

By the way, there's loads of Prius seat brackets available online for installing the most popular brands of aftermarket seats... So if you can cross reference a popular aftermarket seat that fits the model that has this stock Lexus seat you'd likely be able to match/get the bracket that fits... Or back when I built camper vans we'd just get welders to make it fit. :)

If it was easy I'd love to make Lexus seats fit in a GenII, catch is you need a Prius as one old as the OP has, which doesn't have a built in airbag. Because for newer versions of Prius there's now way you could safely mix and match different model air bag systems, nor can you in good conscience eliminate your airbag seat with a non-airbag seat.

But with a 2004 you can because I'm pretty sure they don't have airbags anyway.