1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 4 2016 Prius Four Touring Suspension

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Hursh, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Hursh

Hursh Junior Member

I am looking to purchase a 2016 Prius Four and trying to understand if there is really any difference between the Prius Four Touring and regular Prius Four suspension. I'm NOT talking about the wheels or tires here. The only thing I have seen that eludes to any difference is in the Toyota Prius brochure on the page that compares models, under the Exterior Features, that the Prius Four Touring has "Touring-specific suspension". I have read threads on here that previous year Touring models did actually have different suspension parts but I have not been able to find one single reference anywhere that this is actually the case for the 2016 year Touring, other than that one statement in the brochure, and I have watched hoards of review videos and searched the net until I'm exhausted. Anyone have any proof of any actual suspension difference?

2. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I test drove a 2016 Prius Four with all the packages and a 2016 Prius Four Touring back to back. The Prius Four touring has a much better ride than the Four. Also, the Four gets has more options if you opt for all the packages. It will get you the Tech Package (which adds moonroof and HUD). I can't live without that HUD.

The suspension in the Four Touring is stiffer. This only made the car handle A LITTLE better and ride A LOT worse. The Four still handles very well. You can feel the stiffer suspension in the Four Touring when going over speed bumps and the difference is significant.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN THE SUSPENSION!

I ended up buying the Four with all the packages. It rides almost like a Mercedes!;)

krmcg likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Someone asked about this before so I asked Toyota and this is the response from @Prius Team