1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 4 Prius - How to remove HV battery air intake plastic cover

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by alby_yaris, Mar 28, 2018.

1. alby_yaris

alby_yaris New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hi guys.
    I'd like to know if any of you have ever tried to remove that HV battery air intake plastic cover placed on the right side, under your back seats.
    Once unscrewed, I try to leverage it with a screwdriver, but it doesn't pop out when it comes to that curved part of the cover.
    Any suggestions, pictures, videos on how to do it? How many plastic clips are there behind the cover and where are those hidden?

[​IMG]

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Is that round rivet head one piece, or it has a separate centre piece? The latter are sometimes release by pushing them in. If not, I'd gently pry up on that, maybe it's "christmas tree" style:

upload_2018-3-28_9-26-31.png

3. alby_yaris

alby_yaris New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    It's just a simple screw, so you can easily loosen it with a phillips head screwdriver. There's no clip in the lower right corner, just that visible screw. Once removed, I started to pry up the plastic cover and a first clip did pop out (the one in the upper right corner).
    So, in my case, the whole right part of the cover was out. Things got serious when I reached the middle part of the plastic cover, which is curved.

Mendel Leisk likes this.