1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GEN 4 PRIUS. Rise of the New Rally King! Show us your mods.

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by BPC Auto, Nov 21, 2019.

1. BPC Auto

BPC Auto New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Being an avid supporter of Toyota and the Prius bloodline, last years announcement has left the rally community in a state of shock. With plug-in RAV4s launching this year with 304bhp, many wonder about the positive future facing the number one selling hybrid. With the TRD Prius launching this year, it is only a matter of time before the 4 wheel drive hybrid gets an upgrade from the 1.8 to the 2.0L engine to compete in the rally world.

Many of these thoughts occurred to me the first time I immediately purchased the Gen 4 Prius. I saw opportunity and the glory of what this icon will be. With Gen 3 to Gen 4 tires width going from 185 to 215, the Prius is being developed into a savage for the future. (Yes, the Prius can handle 235/45/17 tires, same as Benz, pictured below)

I love this community. Many love to talk about the eco friendly benefits, but not enough in my opinion, talk about the social and psychological benefits. The Prius in the early 2000's started as a car for environmentalists and got a bad wrap for being good for the planet. (this is understandable when you open the door and see the PRIUS IS ONLY MADE IN JAPAN, which makes it an import). It is better for America if they advertise all their other cars that are made in America. so imports get no advertising.

Have you ever seen an advertisement for a Prius (besides the super bowl one)? Did you know of all the Japanese manufactures in America, there are only 4 cars that are imports? They are the Acura NSX, Nissan GTR, Subaru STi, and TOYOTA PRIUS. All other Japanese models are made in the USA.

Prius is no longer "your mom's car". This is a car that is being passed down to children and they are starting to customize them... Has anyone ever tried to race in a Prius? I have. Take it from someone who gets 42 mpg in the city (and loves it) because i will race everyone to test the performance of a car I purchased with lifetime warranty. I will glorify the Prius and I hope you do too. The Prius cannot beat BMW, Benz, Audis yet but they are able to destroy the VW Jetta GLI.

All of this has me thinking, what kinds of mods are people making on their Prius? Please share your beauties for us to enjoy.

I'll get it started with my 2016 Toyota Prius Three Touring Technology Package.

I see stickers on Prius owners cars that say "Nice Prius- Nobody".... like nobody says they have a nice Prius. My Prius leaves people say, "wow, what is that?" and I say, "thanks for asking about my Prius". I wish the same for everyone.

Share your favorite picture with us!

58251422907__3F8197D1-4C87-450F-A886-B758EE7C11B3.JPG Attachment_1545583474.jpeg IMG_1706.JPG IMG_2362.jpg IMG_2363.jpg IMG_2364.jpg IMG_2367.jpg IMG_2368.jpg IMG_2370.jpg IMG_2373.jpg IMG_2382.jpg IMG_2524.jpg IMG_2535.jpg IMG_2536.jpg

TheRedRocker, krmcg and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nice! check out the mods forum, some great tuff there.(y)

3. Vman455

Vman455 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The NSX is made in Honda's Marysville, OH plant. Currently, Mazda builds no cars in the US; Subaru builds the Forester in Japan; the RAV4 is built in Canada; the 4Runner and C-HR are built in Japan; the 86 is manufactured by Subaru in Japan; the ES is the only Lexus made in the US, all the rest are built in Japan; and the QX60 is the only Infiniti built in the US. If anything, the Prius has benefited from the reputation of Japanese cars for being more reliable than domestics.