1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GEN four battery cells

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bravojoe, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Bravojoe

Bravojoe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    GEN four battery cells I have an 08 prayers with Almost 400k Miles and I think my battery pack is going out I want To replace them with generation 4 cells what years of the Gen 4 Prius‘s are compatible. do the Corolla’s and the Camry have the same amount of cells as the Prius? Thanks for any help.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Corolla is equal to the generation 3 and probably four Prius as long as it's not a plug-in I think when you go to plug in everything changes how many generation 4 modules can you acquire? How do you know they all look the same basically after the generation 2 3 and 4 are the same they'll backwards compatible with the two but. That seems kind of sketchy Why not just buy a newly built Toyota battery for your car I think they're down to 1600 right now Good modules I'm not sure I can't remember I've seen them what $63 or something a pop maybe a tad more or less so you do that times 28 bus bars and nuts what have you and what do you You can look at videos of guys fiddle farting around with Gen 3 and 4 batteries I believe they'll pretty much look the same and if not usually what will change is fan location and duct work and things like that I think they're all 211 volt systems except the plugin.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    gen 4 had both nimh and lithium

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    At the same time. In the same vehicle? I haven't looked at these newer-fangle things the plug-in hybrids they don't interest me in the least. I need to look and see how that works so is the Prius hybrid kind of like a Chevy volt when the lithium battery runs out it's on engine all the time? Or does the hybrid system still have the inverter and the business to charge up the Lith battery.

5. Bravojoe

Bravojoe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I found a 2018 Prius and a 2017 Corolla battery here in Houston and the Corolla is about 650$ for the pack. And the Prius is about 1000$ Prius has 64K miles corolla 50,000 miles all I need is the cells I was just wondering if the corolla had the same amount of 28 cells in the pack. They also have a Camry hybrid when I’m Not sure what year it is do they also have 28 cells?

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Just Google the battery for each car like the Corolla and then the Camry and you'll see pictures of the battery and detail and specs with video and pictures . I'd be tempted to buy the Corolla battery stuff It's got the best chance of being exact even the case same with the CT200h.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    N
    o, different models of gen 4 got different chemistries.
    It’s in the gen 4 spec sticky

8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeah I think we're talking about nickel metal hydride here for the regular HD 211 v battery found in the Prius through I don't even know what at least 16