1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen II (hidden) rear seat headrests in a 2010+ Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mmmMPG, Nov 2, 2011.

1. mmmMPG

mmmMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Apologies if this is a cross post - I've searched and searched to no avail, even though it seems like a pretty basic question.

Will the Gen II prius rear seat headrests fit and/or match the current, 2010 Prius? I strongly prefer the "L" shaped headrests that nest into the rear seat, so they don't impair visibility when not needed. I'm considering getting a new Prius, but really don't like tall headrests in the rear!

And sure - I'd be interested in any other "inverted L" headrests that might fit and match as well. In my current car I've just pulled the headrests out and leave them in the hatch area, but then need to reinstall them during the odd times when people actually ride in the back seat. A hassle to be sure, but it affords me fantastic visibility out of the back.

2. xamnosidda

xamnosidda Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just remove the rear headrests like I did. You can store them until you need them. The only people that ride in my back seats are my two children, and they are too short to even reach the headrests.

Gives a nice, clear view out the back of the car.

3. mmmMPG

mmmMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I will if I have to, but it's a bit of a hassle, and I hate them taking up space in the hatch, or wherever we hide them. Plus jumping out to install them when anybody rides in the back is, well, kinda strange for the passengers!

4. Teakwood

Teakwood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Pardon me, I am not understanding your request.
    I have a 2010 Prius, and the headrests already fold over when not needed for improved visibility.

5. mmmMPG

mmmMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Huh. The last two that I drove looked to have standard headrests. Do these fold forward (parallel to the ground)? That'd just about solve things right there! I never even considered trying to fold them...

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Folded over is the standard position for my rear headrests. Pull them all the way up then they can be pulled forward.

7. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    +1 on folding them forward it is the default position for the rear headrests in my car. I like this feature it keeps you from having to remove them when you fold down the rear seats.

8. Teakwood

Teakwood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When in doubt, READ THE MANUAL: page 82.

Attached Files: