1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen II Prius underbody photos

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by spinkao, Oct 17, 2009.

1. spinkao

spinkao New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys,
    I took my car today to my friend's car shop and had it lifted, just to check the underbody before upcoming winter. We had a quick look-and-see and I took the opportunity to take some pictures and decided to post them as maybe somebody might find them interesting :).

Unfortunately, we were not able to lift the car high enough to be able to snap the whole underbody at one picture, so I took several photos showing various parts of the car.

I've come upon a similar thread in the gen III forum recently, showing some interesting pictures of the gen III Prius underbody, and I thought that it might also make for some interesting comparison between the two Prius generations :).

Attached Files:

2. bogeybob513

bogeybob513 rtc513

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for the photos-never have seen my own.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nice sharp photos. Was the car driven on a wet road before the photos were taken?

If not, see photo #2 and note the liquid on the CV joint and suspension. I'm wondering whether the joint boot might be leaking a bit of grease OR the strut is leaking strut oil onto the boot and other suspension parts?

4. spinkao

spinkao New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it was raining and the car went some 20 miles on wet roads just before the picture was taken. I checked the boots thoroughly, as this was one of the main things I wanted to look at; It was just water. But thank you anyway for noticing :).

5. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

6. MERIDIAN

MERIDIAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice clean garage! It's the only way to work.

Woodstock74 likes this.