1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen II Unmarked Police Car Sighted

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dark_matter_doesn't, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    On I-5 Southbound this morning, I saw a dark grey Gen II Prius with police lights flashing (blue/red) driving in the carpool lane. It looked like an unmarked police car - the police lights were not from mounts on the roof but from inside the car. It might be a Wash. State Patrol car, but I didn't see an emblem. I was heading northbound, and this was sighted north of Seattle.

2. HaroldW

HaroldW Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That is a good thing ! Hope more places start using Prius for cop cars. The average police car idles 6hrs. per shift! Big savings with this car. H

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    it may have been a supervisor who drives his own car and doesn't intend to partake on any high speed pursuits. He may get mileage reimbursement and figures the Prius is a smart buy. Around here a supervisor doesn't make normal traffic stops but I have seen them pull people over for very reckless violations of the law/danger to public safety.

4. Good to know. Was this around the Northgate area?

5. CookieGuru

CookieGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'll have to look out for it.

Also, look at the plates. If it was a state patrol vehicle, the first three letters will be WSP unless it's an ADAT car in which case the plates would be the same as any other car.

It could also be a poser who bought light kits online and installed them in their own car. It has happened before.

6. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This was north of Northgate, around Montlake Terrace, and I couldn't see the plates given the barrier between the southbound and northbound I-5 lanes.

7. CookieGuru

CookieGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Was it a dark gray or black? If so, it was the McGinn Shuttle. Should have XMT plates ending in D

8. ataylorracing

ataylorracing ataylorracing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The Indianapolis Police department actually bought a Think electric car....and it is in use pulling over speeders! That is one of my favorite police cars, but in addition they have purchased a lot of plain white Dodge trucks that they use everywhere, but especially in construction zones and I-465!

9. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    WOW!, I wonder if there will be a Prius "interceptor" model availible?;)

DBCassidy

10. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Shouldn't the McGinn Shuttle be a bicycle convoy? MLT and even Everett are served by the Interurban Trail.