1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen III kenwood speakers, misc audio, and MLV for sale

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by lopgok, Jun 21, 2014.

1. lopgok

lopgok Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have the following for sale:

2 used kenwood kfc 1664s speakers. SOLD

2 12x12 inch universal plastic panel kit. $7
    New, sealed in plastic. Purchased for my 2002 camry rear deck speakers.
    Universal Plastic Panel Kit 12" x 12" - Reviews at Crutchfield.com

4 two ohm 50w resistors $1 each
    If you use larger 'bass blocking' caps on the squawker speakers, you might add these to the squakers and the front door speakers to present a higher impedance load (approximately three ohms) to the factory head unit

Mass loaded vinyl
    This stuff actually absorbs sound. It isn't for reducing sheet metal resonance like dynamat, but rather it is used to absorb external noise. I have two rolls, approximately 48 inches wide. This was from an aircraft application so this is much thinner than commonly available MLV. The good news is you can use as many layers as you want to reduce sound. I think one roll is 1/16 inch thick, which is probably 1/2 lb per square foot. The other roll is 1/32 thick, which is probably 1/4 lb per square foot. I am not sure of the exact measurements, but I will find out soon, as I will be using some on my car. I will sell it by the square foot. $1 per square foot the the 1/16 stuff, and $0.50 per square foot for the 1/32 stuff.

My assistance with audio modifications to the prius
    $10 per hour, not counting parts. I have lots of connectors, a ratcheting crimping tool, thick wire, and other stuff.

All prices do not include shipping. If you are in the greater los angeles area, you can pick the stuff up in person.

#1 lopgok, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015