1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen III Prius had ABS Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Basic Dave, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Basic Dave

Basic Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My 2011 Generation III Pruis had all the ABS lights come on when I was driving about 50 mph one night. I pulled over to assess the situation. The ABS, power brake and regenerative charging features didn't work but the manual (non power-assist) brakes worked fine.

I took it to my local dealer and they ran the diagnostic check ($125). It needed a new accumulator (booster), pump and ABS valve. They quoted me a price of $2,750 to fix it. We have a local business that deals in reconditioned Priuses so I gave them a call to see if they could suggest a less expensive place to and learned that the ABS replacement work is covered by Toyota "Customer Support Program Notification - ZJB". He also was nice enough to send me a PDF of the notice. I printed the notice out and took it to my local Toyota dealership. After trying to weasel out of it, they informed me that the work would be done FOR FREE!

Now, the ABS, power brake and regenerative systems on my car work fine. But wait . . . . . there's more:

My wife has a 2013 Prius V. It also developed the same ABS problem a couple days ago so she took it to a different Toyota dealership this morning. They said it wasn't covered then quoted her a price of $4,766 to fix it. That's $2,000 more than the quote I got from another dealer. I don't know what we are going to do for her car.

Attached Files: