1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen III rear bumper repair

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by [email protected], Sep 5, 2009.

1. jsennott@tisi-nav.com

[email protected] New Member

Model:
    III
    My wife let me drive her Gen III blizzard pearl this morning and when backing out of a parking spot I managed to strike the protruding trailer hitch of an old pickup truck parked behind me. Should have got that backup camera option!

This put a small tear (1/4" dia) in the lower right edge of the Prius bumper. Hopefully won't be noticeable after a clever body shop guy finishes with it.

Question: Is the bumper material (liner) made of aluminum or steel? I've seen several references to Gen II being aluminum, but what about Gen III?

Jim

PS: My wife was with me when this happened: Ouch!!

2. greenbelt

greenbelt New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here are two pictures of my 2010 Prius after a similar incident. Hope you feel better. I will leave the damage alone, so that it can remind me to be more careful next time.

BTW: I will be installing an aftermarket backup camera soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's about a $655 repair. I'm waiting on a new bumper cover for my Blizzard Pearl from where my wife was bumped from behind.