1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen III with a sense of humor

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by skilbovia, Nov 20, 2011.

1. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Driving to the gym yesterday a nice looking Blizzard Pearl Gen III Prius turned right a few hundred yards in front of me. It caught my attention because it had really nice shiny wheels. As I approached it I noticed that the "Prius" nameplate on the left rear had been changed to "Limited" and the "Hybrid Synergy Drive nameplate" on the right was changed to "HEMI". I got a real chuckle out of that.
    Even the number plate was memorable. I woun't divulge but I bet the owner was in his "Sixties". If the owner is in this group it would be great if you could post pictures. Nice job!

2. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "Hemi" - love it. Reminds me of last spring when we saw a VW bug at the hospital with a big, chrome wind-up key attached to the trunk lid.

3. Gary Otto

Gary Otto Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Lots of vehicles have "hemispherical" combustion chambers. The emblem is just another Chrysler marketing tool to attract fools to buy their products.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Only old ones. The design of hemispherical engines ended in the 1970s when newer and more efficient designs took over. These days "Hemi" is just a trademark.

Tom