1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB Gen2 Battery Modules

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by wnrsm, Apr 27, 2019.

1. wnrsm

wnrsm Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I need four to six battery modules that are about as worn as the surviving not-yet-bad modules. :)

From the hours I spent reading the great forum posts here, apparently our individual means to recondition and test battery packs varies too much to find a common reference for battery condition. eBay has pictures with a voltmeter showing resting voltage, which only indicates that the cell is not complete garbage.

My first round of whack-a mole showed three modules with inferior resting voltage and load teset results. Balancing proved them to be bad. The remainder of the modules were fairly consistent. So how to find a handful of modules of similar age/performance?

Here's my best shot:

I have a 2005 Prius with 115k on it. My balancing is using a 5A discharge to 6.0V and the charger is reporting 5900-6200 mAH of output before reaching target voltage.

2. oklaprius

oklaprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I have 6 modules from a spare 2nd gen pack. Balanced last year in December and pulled pack 30 days ago. Ill sell them for $24ea, located in Oklahoma, & will ship. Let me know!