1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen3 and the Droid

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Blind Guy, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Blind Guy

Blind Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    We just purchased a NEW Motorola Droid cellphone, we previously had a Motorola Razor2 BT'd to our Gen 3 V.

When we bought our V, a gal at the dealership downloaded all our contacts for us, so we've not had to undergo the process of downloading contacts.

I've read some of the posts on the Gen 3 and the Droid, but to be perfectly honest, I didn't understand most of it. I did read that prior to the middle of November 2009, there was some difficulty downloading contacts, and that it could be done but it was a two step process, requiring an additional App, and that Motorola was supposed to have a fix for it by the middle of December 2009.

I would like to know if anyone has downloaded their contacts with a Droid, and could they give me a SIMPLE non-technicle, step by step How to Guide. Also, has the Droid been updated by Motorola to simplify contact downloads?

David (aka Blind Guy)

2. equake

equake Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello Fellow Droid/Prius owner

The December firmware update of the Droid to version 2.0.1 should have fixed the Contact issue us Bluetooth.

Everything should be done on the Nav system once the phone has been paired and connected.

Its fairly simple

1) Press the Setup button on the Nav
    2) Press Phone button onscreen
    3) Press Phonebook button onscreen
    4) Press Manage Contacts onscreen
    5) press Transfer Contacts on screen
    6) If you already have transferred contacts press Add contacts
    7) or Press Replace Contacts if you want all the contacts from the Droid overwriting the current contacts
    8) The Droid may Ask You if you want to allow PBAP function in the Notifcation Bar, Answer yes of course

PM me for any questions I can help with

2 people like this.
  3. Hy-Bird

Hy-Bird Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'll let you know in couple of days. I'm ordering my Driod today.

4. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Since your contacts were allready downloaded to the Prius, no need to worry about it, just because you got another phone. The allready downloaded contacts will work with any phone you connect to the Prius.

5. web1b

web1b Active Member

What?!! The contacts are shared with everyone who pairs their phone to the car?
    You don't get individual phonebooks for each phone?

6. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius