1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen3 working OBD for dr prius app?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Sarp, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Sarp

Sarp New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi which obd works on dr prius app? I wanna shut down all the beeping in this car.. Thx.

2. kevinb70

kevinb70 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PJPHEBO
    ANDROID VERSION
    If you want the iPhone module, click the link to the android. There's a button on the amazon page to switch to the iPhone version ($23)

Panlong OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth OBDII Diagnostic Tool Car Code Reader Turn Off Check Engine Light Support Android Torque App
    $14 on amazon right now. I just bought it a couple days ago and connected to run the tests. Once the elm connected with the phone, I purchased the Dr Prius app.

I did turn off the bluetooth on my prius nav so my android phone wouldn't automatically pair with the nav. Then I paired my android to the elm module manually. Went into Dr Prius and the app saw the module.

3. kevinb70

kevinb70 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    derp doublepost

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    By “OBD” do you mean a Bluetooth dongle? Carista worked for me.

5. Michael Kent Handy

Michael Kent Handy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Dr Prius shows you which ones work with Dr prius app. I chose the Nexas. It's highly recommended and not expensive. Cost is similar for most of the small plug ins that have Bluetooth to iphone or android. I have an android. I had to pay a one time 11.99 to get features that test the hybrid battery life remaining. Just make sure your inverter is fully in stage 4(fully warm) when you test.