Gen4 to Gen3 engine swap using gen 4 intake and egr, DONE!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Dave Hanson, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Alexander D

Alexander D Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If I remember correctly, to swap to the gen 4 intake you need to do several things.
    1. Reroute and replace the plug for the map sensor (one has 3 wires the other has 4)
    2. extend wires to throttle body
    3. trim or modify a bunch of stuff to get 3rd gen air box to fit
    4. Move the vacuum switch out of the way of the air box/intake and extend the vacuum tube and the wires
    5. Add a bracket to help mount the air box
    6. probably way more stuff

Or you can just use the 3rd gen intake... much much easier, I would recommend. Makes the air box and all the wires fit their original locations.

SFO likes this.
  2. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Dave: Update?
    How's the Gen4 working? Any problems?

3. Dave Hanson

Dave Hanson Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry for the delay, my wife and daughter had the car on a trip and I wanted to check the code it set after they left. Multiple cylinder misfire, been setting that one from time to time, usually when you floor it. Not sure why, because it normally runs fine. Gets about 45mpg, which is about the same as the old engine. Same catalytic converter probably not helping that. Has about 12k on the swap and is now my daughter's. I found a great deal on a 2017 prius two with 186k miles for $7100, so we both have 2017 engines but hers has 80k less miles.

ASRDogman likes this.