1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen5 Techstream user configuration

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Alessandro_Ibi, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Alessandro_Ibi

Alessandro_Ibi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    I have been advised my PP will be prepared Friday and delivered to me on next Monday 9/25.
    Does anybody knows what are the configurable options for Gen5 ? I would like to ask to the technicians, but it's their first Gen5 here, so I would better be prepared in advance !
    Regards
    Alessandro

Maxwell61 likes this.
  2. Brian1954

Brian1954 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Look for the owners manual online. The information that you are looking for should be in the manual.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

tovli and Alessandro_Ibi like this.
  3. AndersOne

AndersOne Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I really dont want to sound too childish but I this abreviation made me chuckle a little bit.

4. Alessandro_Ibi

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    I believe I red this same abreviation somewhere here. Anyway, being myself Italian as mother tongue, I understand your... breeze!
    Will say Prius Prime next one!
    Back on the subject I was looking to change "lane change" intermittent turnsignal iteration from 3 to 5 . This custom setting is nowhere to be found in the US and Italian User guide. All custom settings are towards the end, pages 618 (US/CAN) and 570 (ITA). Many of them are now free to be modified from the user, even seatbelt chimes and reverse drive, AFA I've got. Four years ago Lexus car had the possibility to change intermittent turnsignal iteration (from 3 to 5, which I prefer for city driving). Now I believe that Lane changing assist has determined the only position is the shortest one!
    Will take possession of the car next Monday. Dealer is congested from too many deliveries in a short time.
    Regards
    Alessandro

tovli likes this.
  5. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats Alessandro!

Are you following the french forum Prius Touring? Bad news for our EU version, a lot of bips and features does not retain the settings in memory (unlike stated in the manual). Most annoying the chime for speed limit trespassing. Perhaps a bug. Let us know your tests.

AndersOne and Alessandro_Ibi like this.
  6. AndersOne

AndersOne Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is enforced by EU regulations and actually my biggest worry with the prius. Especially as Toyota obviously treats this as an afterthought - while european car manufacturs try to make it as easy as possible to (temporarily) deactivate it.

I wonder how it is in Switzerland

Maxwell61 likes this.
  7. Alessandro_Ibi

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Hello! Sorry for the rude response, I am actually in a hurry.
    I have red the other forum quite extensively. Limited knowledge of the last and automated/remote implementations. Personal settings, where they belong?
    If there is a Lounge model with 2 or 3 seating memories you have to register the user into the keyfob. Then (or if you only have a no position seat model) you also have to register the remote connect to activate the same and other user possibilities and FWIW my opinion, only then your settings will save .
    Regards
    Alessandro

Maxwell61 likes this.
  8. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I do remember that with TORQUE app, some few settings could be influenced (in a easy way, but just if you sniffed the relative PIDs), i hope we could do something about this problem.

9. AndersOne

AndersOne Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope that as well but I fear, given these are settings not even the dealer might be able to change (its region locked by the factory?) we might be out of luck.
    Its probably like trying to switch from kmh to mph in a european car - its just not possible.

If Toyota values their European customers they could at least introduce an easier way to deactivate it. I highly doubt that though - probably there are legal ways if its too unreliable.

Maxwell61 likes this.
  10. Alessandro_Ibi

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    After using Torque Pro with the Auris TS (at that time, maybe 2014?) and the two pid' list that I have stored somewhere taken from this same valuable Forum, to deactivate rear seatbelt chimes and rear drive chimes, I haven't been able to do the same in the Lexus UX250H. So I brought it to the dealership workshop and everything was done, free of charge! So I highly doubt this could be possible in the new Prius. Nevertheless for investigating about the Pids that are generated in the new system, this could be surely done. I am ready from day one (as I have also done with the UX, 4 years ago) to send the HA report to the developers.
    Regards
    Alessandro

Maxwell61 likes this.
  11. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Priusfan (do not know if Alessandro also) on Prius Touring Forum is ready for it with instructions for the first sniffing! Are you also in the french forum?

12. Alessandro_Ibi

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    No, sorry! Cannot write fluently in French language, nevertheless I can read and understand well and talk quite fluently (even if I actually don't know, I don't speak in French language with anybody now!).
    Regards
    Alessandro

Maxwell61 likes this.
  13. Alessandro_Ibi

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    @AndersOne I don't believe it's true. If you look at the pages I have mentioned in msg. #4 in the respective releases, you will see that it's to the user the choice! The only workshop setting of my interest is the remote control opening and closing of the four windows regulators. Even in the Italian manual you can choose miles/hour or MPG.
    They started to think they are a worldwide company, selling to everyone
    Regards
    Alessandro

AndersOne likes this.
  14. AndersOne

AndersOne Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It says setting depends on country - perhaps youre right. But even if - I still dont think we can somehow "hack" the beeping of the RSA or rather that it resets settings after a reboot.

About the french forum - how come it seems like there is little more than one guy with a new prius and he analyzed and checked already nearly as much than this forum here, just on his own? In some cases he did things I did not even see people here trying - at least not with documented pictures.

Alessandro_Ibi likes this.
  15. Alessandro_Ibi

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----UK----
    You know that Hybrid Assistant has been developed from an Italian and also from a French enthusiast?
    Cartesians they are indeed!
    Everyway, I still cannot believe Toyota has made a drawback in the SW not to let users understand more the end results of their driving style. Maybe this is also linked to the global strategy. You don't need to understand, you only have to drive.... .
    I have a Lexus UX hybrid. Prius is only 5 Kilogrammes heavier, 10 centimeters longer, about 15 centimetres larger (maybe in the rear?). With the UX I have been able to get 16 / 14 Km/litre, Highway 125kmh/City. I usually make short city trips, multiple time a day.
    We will see.
    Regards
    Alessandro

Maxwell61 likes this.
  16. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Because it's a mod of the forum, a big passionated expert and previous owner of a gen 4 phev.

And also because we are pressing him in every ways :D

AndersOne and Alessandro_Ibi like this.