1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

general information on the accord hybrid

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by statultra, Jun 21, 2008.

1. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    for prospective owners of the accord hybrid, and especially if you buy a salvage heres some quick info.

-the v6 is not the same as the 3.0 found on non-hybrid accords, its derived from the odyssey, so the oil filter location and pan and such is changed.

-the hood is different, the hood hinge is different, the radiator rack support is different.

in my process of fixing up my salvaged accord i discovered hondas price gouging on parts for the hybrid, i settled for a fiber reinforced plastic hood, original accord (non hybrid ) hinges and normal accord fender and bumper.

Driving:

Accord hybrid drives wonderful, when it shuts off below 10 mph you hardly feel it, and when u let off the brake you dont even feel it starting back up, a little better than the prius.

fast is a understatement, its pretty damn quick, just 1/4 throttle and im flying, and the sound of the dual exhaust combined with an intake that has no resonator sounds great.

heres the current progress, all we need to do is paint now

[​IMG]

also the a/c compressor is different, it has half of it belt driven and the other half is driven by a electric motor, its pretty cool when auto-stop happens and the a/c is still blowing cold.

so far i havent taken it out on the highway to experience the "eco" mode, where the front 3 cylinders shut off and the special engine mounts and stereo system go into action.

forgot to mention, I have free XM radio for some reason, i think it was a dealer car.

2. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Do you feel about the project?
    Is it turning out as you had expected?

It's a lot of work and I'm sure the disappointment of Honda's gouging didn't factor into the positive, but I commend you on your work.

Now you have to try to get insurance to cover it to your satisfaction.

ZC1