1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

General Pace says that homosexuals violate "God's Law."

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Sep 26, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The proper translation of the sixth commandment from the Hebrew is "Thou shalt not murder." The Hebrew word for "kill" is "הרג" - "harog", while the Hebrew word for "murder" is "רצח" - "retzach", which is found in the Ten Commandments "לא תרצח" - "lo tirtzach". ( Wikipedia® )

So no, killing does not violate God's law.

Perhaps we should send the good general on an all expense trip to Iran, where they do not have homosexuals.

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Sep 26 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]518244[/snapback]</div>
    Somehow, I am not surprised this rationalization exists. :rolleyes:

I just want to point out that both murder and killing should violate human laws.

4. MaxLegroom

MaxLegroom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Perhaps the general would be happier there.

In my case, where I live, you'll encounter every branch of the military. And by the time I was 25, I'd encountered at least one from each branch of the service that was interested. Incidentally, that was long before don't ask, don't tell. In those days, being gay and in the military was a matter of fraudulent enlistment as well.

I could go further, lots further. I won't as I'm not sure what constitutes the limits on what can be said in a post. I've read a book on gays in the military, called Conduct Unbecoming. Irony is, I read it at an Air Force library, in Korea. They also had a book called The Arena of Masculinity, but that one I wasn't so sure I wanted to be seen reading.

Things would be better if people were more honest with themselves, you know.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 26 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]518276[/snapback]</div>
    You can roll your eyes as much as your heart desires, but not all killings violate human laws.

There are legal, there are justifiable and there are excusable homicides. For example, it is not illegal to use deadly force in self defense or defense of others, it is not illegal to kill in the heat of battle during wartime and it is not illegal for an executioner to carry out a death sentence.

6. pogo

pogo New Member