1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Generation 2 prius engine running on high RPM and other problems...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by GeorgeMW, Sep 18, 2017.

1. GeorgeMW

GeorgeMW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, the car engine runs on really high RPM, but the car can barely maintain 15Km/H, also the car shows multiple warning lights (2nd time already) but the first time, the monitor turned on and off 3 times (all by itself) and since then, this is the first time the lights stayed on, as a side note, the battery cooler (rear, passenger side) blew a lot of air (at every startup, but didnt stop)
    what could be the cause of these actions?
    Here are the photos

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The battery fan may need cleaning. You are just guessing with out getting the dealer to read the trouble codes.
    If your car still has the original 12V battery, you may want to consider replacing it. A low 12V battery can cause many strange issues.

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Sorry to say but your hybrid battery has failed.

In order from most expensive and reliable to cheapest and less reliable, you can buy a new one from Toyota, buy used (rebuilt) or try to repair the failed modules.

Click on the link in my signature to see what I did when this happen to me.

m.wynn likes this.
  4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It could be too hot or a 12 volt issue.
    Otherwise I would guess at the HV battery but diagnostic code could indicate otherwise.