1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

George Takei Marries Gay Lover

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by lefat1, Sep 15, 2008.

1. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    as LT. Sulu, he brought such adventure and happiness to myself and others, i hope that he gets much happiness in return..live long and prosper:peace:

2. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  3. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Warp 8 Sulu.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Good for him. No reason why gay people can't marry and be just as miserable as straight folks

5. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    That's the spirit, jayman !

Cheers to George Takei the actor, and George Takei the person.

6. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    "Engage!"

Am I really the frist in this thread to make that joke? Anyway, considering the value of what he and the rest of the cast have given to those of us who watch(ed) the show, we all owe him a big CONGRATULATIONS!

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Had some bad marital experiences, Jayman?

I thought Star Trek was one of the worst TV programs ever. Bad acting, idiotic premises, lousy writing, and an underlying message that the world is full of "bad guys" who live for no other purpose than to hurt us, and who can be dealt with only by killing them.

Notwithstanding that, I wish the newlyweds all the best. It is a national disgrace that in most of the country gay couples are not permitted to marry.

8. Pinan

Pinan Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    World? Pretty much any place but the world. ;)

9. halpos4

halpos4 "Taxi"!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Not ENGAGED Ichabod...MARRIED:D
    And Daniel,the world is full of bad people......Have you ever watched The A Team?:eek:

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats, Sulu!

And Daniel - don't go dissing Captain Kirk now! As I've noted before, he combines the sex drive of Bill Clinton with the diplomatic skill of George W. Bush.

11. Dipena

Dipena Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations, Lt. Love that show.

12. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    DANIEL YOU MISSED THE ENTIRE PREMISE OF STAR TREK. many shows were based on biblical stories, gene rodenberry and the other writers did a wonderful job on creating underlying messages that the world "earth" was at total peace, and we "eathlings" were all brothers and sisters..it was the rest of the universe that as our advanced society was seeking out new life and civilizations to bring other worlds into our collective peaceful mission

13. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Forty years after ST hit the airwaves, the earth is *still* littered with masses of people who are stout in their belief that humans are the pinnacle of the universe, and everything else is for dinner.

Anyway, ST did more to encourage bright kids to take up science than all the moronic fed programs combined.

Lastly, thanks to ST, I know now that the most beautiful women are in space.

14. dwdean

dwdean Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well congratulations!

I certainly hope that this (and all the other marriages) survive the constitutional challenge they're going to face (Prop 8 is an ugly thing.)

15. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You missed the entire point of the original series (granted series later than ST TNG were a little more warlike). The original series tried top solve, and did, most dispute diplomatically. With of course the back-up of a starship is helpful, the Enterprise crew routinely went up against superior adversaries that required negotiation to win over and not military might.

16. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    And the shortest dresses! :clap2:

Tom

17. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes, but no one said "...to boldly go where no man has gone before, or at least no straight man."

Tom

18. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    ....unlike the TV shows of today.....

(Un)Fortunately, as a nine year old, all those aspects went right over my head. It seem a lot more realistic than Lost In Space.

PS I also thought most of the women were distracting from the aliens....for four more years.

19. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The series takes place in space, but the message is "The only solution is to kill people."

Yeah, just like military tyrants everywhere want to bring "peace" to the world by conquering everybody.

Science??? All the trekies I knew back then actually believed in faster-than-light travel and "transporter" beams.

You gotta be kidding. Picard, in the second version of Star Trek leaned towards diplomacy, but in the original series, every time someone tried negotiation, they nearly got the whole Enterprise crew killed, and they were only saved when Kirk finally decided to blow up the bad guys.

I suppose the special effects were cutting edge, but the writing, acting, directing, and everything else about that show were imbecilic.

In the movie "Galaxy Quest" (an excellent spoof on ST) Sigourney Weaver's character is told she doesn't really need to repeat everything the captain and the computer say, and she replies something like "Look, I've got one job on this ship. It's a stupid job, but I'm going to do it."

That just about sums it up. Star Trek was just plain stupid.

But I don't blame the actors for that (other than that they were not very good actors) and I wish George Takei all the best in his marriage. I hope this opens the way for more gay couples to enjoy the basic human rights that religious fanatics have deprived them of for so many centuries.

20. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Cool. I'm glad to see the rest of California is standing up to the wackies in S.F.