1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Get me my Prius Quick!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by momsum, Jul 14, 2005.

1. momsum

momsum New Member

HELP! I just put over $80 in my Sienna van in the last 10 days!! I need my Prius quicker than quick! Summer vacation with teenage sons leads to TONS of driving back and forth! We live in the country and it is 15miles one way to the tennis courts...12 miles to my other son's summer job! YIKES!

Ordered my Prius on Monday, really hope it :mrgreen: comes soon.

BTW if anyone isn' tsure they want a Prius...I suggest you rent one for the weekend. That's what I did and fell in love fast! I even ended up getting the Nav system (which at first I didn't think I'd need) but it was too cool to pass up!

Have learned a lot from this site. Thanks Guys and Gals!

2. gordonr

gordonr Member

My advice - check around at different area dealers. They don't all get the same allocations.

It seems that at any given point in time, and depending on your color flexibility, that a Prius can be gotten pretty fast. We take delivery of ours either today or tomorrow depending on how the paperwork goes.

I was offically on "the list" for about 5 weeks before being assigned one of the incoming cars. In truth "the list" was a bit of BS at this dealership. I only got the car because I was surfing around and saw that the dealership where I placed my deposit listed 3 Prius cars available with the package I was looking for (#4). I called them up, and was absolutely pissed that they didn't call me first. If I wanted Silver, I could have gotten the car even sooner.

Right now it seems like availability is pretty good. I spoke with another Toyota dealer in the area and said I was looking for a Prius, but wasn't going to put a deposit down. They said if something comes up, they would give me a call. Sure enough they called with an available car a couple days after we were assigned one at the first dealer.

At the same time, other dealers are still telling people it's a 6 month wait.

3. momsum

momsum New Member

I agree that the "list" is BS...they'll offer you the car right away if they think they can get the money. One guy said he could get the car in a few days (supposedly had one at their other location) but I had to put $1000 down...NONREFUNABLE! At the time I hadn't even sat in a Prius and wasn't willing to do that.

I rented one, loved it and ordered it from the father of my son's good friend. He just happens to be the Sales Mngr and I got a good deal off MSRP! Dealer is a little far from my home though.

I gave 3 color choices so hopefully the wait won't be too long! :roll:

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's a long story, but for vacation I ended up renting a 2005 Ford Explorer.

WHAT A BOAT!

Not only did it have no acceleration, not only is it nearly impossible to maneuver in tight quarters, not only is it annoyingly Ford, but after 135 miles I had to put more than $20 of gas in it. I simply could not believe it.

How do people afford it every day, every week, every month?