1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Get my car last night.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Voidvoice, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Voidvoice

Voidvoice New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I get my car last night , drove out dealer lot at 8:15pm.
    I waved to my Mazda3 GT one last time, it is a good car but a bit too harsh to my family taste, and the MPG getting really low in NYC traffic congestion.

When i drive the prius, i realize i will miss my mazda's auto light and Xenon light. The salesman reminded me that i need to turn on the headlight :eek:

A few comments after 45 miles driving in a prius
    - Quiet ride
    - Seat is comfotable and it position is fine
    - Hard to see the front of the car, i need to be more careful when parking
    - the MFD is fun to watch
    - passenger leg room is much better than my mazda,
    - Acceleration is bit slow, perhaps i am so aftaid to push too hard on the pedal :p

Im reading the manual and i have a couple question regarding the MPG info. How many set of MPG we can track? Does it has a All time MPG and then a Trip MPG ?? in the odometer, you can change to trip 1 or 2, can you do that for MPG info?

If you see a Specta Blue Prius in NYC and Brooklyn , that may be me. Have a nice day

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PC!! The MFD is either or. If you never reset it> Lifetime MPG, if you reset it than its since last reset. That tank of gas or that trip to the Jersey Shore Etc.
    Hope This Helps.... Hope you are enjoying your new baby. Lets see some pics.:cool:

3. nomad

nomad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

"If you never reset it> Lifetime MPG"....

Thanks, I was searching for that answer, was not sure. I reset mine at 67 miles and after two trips. I do want to maintain Lifetime MPG, so I won't be touching it again. ;)

4. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You can keep lifetime MPG info in a spreadsheet. Everytime you get gas enter the total miles on car, and the total gallons purchased since you bought the car. That will give you the Lifetime MPG's I used to keep the Lifetime MPG But last summer took a trip from NY to CA. So I wanted the MPG's on that trip. So I went to the spreadsheet for lifetime MPG. Hope This Helps

5. nomad

nomad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Yeah, I am thinking I will eventually go this route, initial excitement, lol