1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

get together in Los Angeles to install EV mods

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jef, Apr 4, 2006.

1. jef

jef New Member

Inglewood (Los Angeles county), California
    So my Coastal Tech EV mode modification is on its way to me, and I'm wondering if anyone else might want to have a get together to work on the install of these together. I'm figuring that what any one among us might find difficult or intimidating we might do better at if we work together. And if someone who had already installed theirs wanted to come, that would be great too. We might at the same time work on other modifications and switches as a group. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone? Do you want to do it on a weekend day sometime this month?

Edit: if you respond that you want to come, list your top two date choices, what tools that you might be able to bring beyond what's in a basic household toolchest, and if you can think of a good place that can accomodate us.

2. samoan_ridah

samoan_ridah New Member

If you have it on a Sunday I might be interested. Great idea!

3. jmccord

jmccord New Member

I live in Carlsbad (North of San Diego) but would consider a trip to Los Angeles. Where in Los Angeles? My Coastal EV switch should be in hand soon.
    Please keep me posted.
    How about the BT Stiffener Plate? I need to get that done as well (need to get a 6mm allen socket and torque wrench).
    -James

4. jef

jef New Member

Inglewood (Los Angeles county), California
    Hmmm. If we are going to do things that actually require getting under cars, we'll need a bit more space than I have at my condo. And I bet the times are going to vary. So, let's refine my original question a bit.

If you respond that you want to come, list your top two date choices, what tools that you might be able to bring beyond what's in a basic household toolchest, and if you can think of a good place that can accomodate us.

Here's mine:

Dates:
    Sunday, April 16
    Sunday, April 23

Tools:
    None, though I am planning on acquiring an eyeglass repair kit cause I've heard that comes in handy with connector pins.

Place:
    My condo won't work, we'd only have room for two cars at most. Can't think of anyplace good closeby if we need electricity, but if we don't, the parking lot at the nearby DMV is always empty when they are closed and no one would care if we used it (I've used it for motorcycle practice a lot).

5. ac4ever

ac4ever New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmccord @ Apr 5 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]235081[/snapback]</div>
    I am interested, but I haven't ordered my EV switch... Can I call you guys after I get mine?

Andy
    [email protected]

6. Lemauve

Lemauve Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I need help installing the EV mode mod. are you still in carlsbad?

7. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anybody in Northern CA want to hang out and install mods too? EV mode? LEDs?

THen we can go out to ice cream, shop, and buy some ANTIQUES! Ok kidding about the last sentence, but seriously, anyone...?

8. Ray66

Ray66 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, but what is an EV Mod ?

9. danix

danix Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am probably going to install EV mode this weekend. I'm in Walnut Creek. I also have a dining room set for sale ;)

10. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Electric Vehicle Button......

Search button works really good too :D