1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Get You a Hybrid

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tempus, May 8, 2006.

1. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Get You a Hybrid

Teaser Extract

When EF Talks
    Get You a Hybrid
    By Eric Folkerth | bio
    Hybrid Cars (You Need to Get You One...) (Originally posted here on April 28th)

Disclaimer: I am not unbiased about Hybrid Cars. I have drunk deeply from the Hybrid-hype Kool Aid. I am a Hybrid evangelist. If Hybrid owners had a religion, I would be a Scientologist.

All that said, my message today is very simple: you need to get you one of 'em.

See, I know that loses me instant credibility among some of you, because you'd like me to be a little less passionate, and little more logical, about it. I know that.

Sorry, I just can't. And I know that what I am about to say in these next few sentences will also lose me even more credibility with some of you. But I feel compelled to say it.

So, here it is:
    ...If you really want to fight the war on terror...
    ...If you really want to help the environment...
    ...If you really want to save some serious gas-money...

Get you a Hybrid car.

I can back up this evangelical zeal with a combination of facts and personal testimony (an attempt to appear to both the thinkers and feelers among you) and I'd like to share all of it with you now...