1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Get your carniverous furniture here

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by FreshAir, Jan 30, 2009.

1. FreshAir

FreshAir New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    :: Material Beliefs ::

Yes, that's right, household appliances which catch flies and mice and digest them to generate power. Now THATS thinking outside the box.

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    those are some pretty sweet ideas. They'd be much more marketable, however, if everything wasn't quite so open... the mouse coffee table, for example, could really help around here in the fall, as you can't seem to stop the little buggers from getting in (i had 3 this year). But i wouldn't want to encourage them to climb all over my coffee table just so i could catch them...

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think a cat would be far more effective at catching mice than the coffee table would. But the lights are interesting...

4. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, regarding the mice, I would personally prefer a more preventative system, that stopped the mice before they got into my livingroom. Knowing that little mice have scurried around on the coffee table and this is why there's a light and sensor on is a neat gimmick, but not very sanitary or practical. These engineers who have so much time on their hands to design and build this stuff should make some kind of mouse trap thing that could be placed outside.

The only 'practical' thing I see here is the light and the flypaper on the roller. The latter would be good to have in a horse, cow or pig barn that has lots of flies. The light is actually pretty cool... I'd love to see that modified to be more of an outdoor zapper type thing that would actually look cool.

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are right of course but then how to get rid of the cat?

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Get a dog.

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I have a friend with a trap ...