1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting a 2006 - package #3 - had some questions :)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by EmptyG, May 23, 2006.

1. EmptyG

EmptyG New Member

Hi all,

As the title states I have ordered a 2006 Prius with option package #3:

"Package #3 -- includes driver and front passenger front seat-mounted side and front and rear side curtain airbags , AM/FM CD with six speakers, auxiliary audio jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, Smart Key System, and backup camera "

So I had a few questions (if anyone else has one with #3)...

- I didn't get the JBL super sterero system thingy - can I still control the radio/CD player via the main touchscreen on the dash?

- Did anyone regret NOT getting the leather (#3 has cloth seats only)

- I forgot to look where the backup camera lens is actually located. Anyone know?

Thanks for any help! My Prius should be here by mid to late June. I can't wait!!!!

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EmptyG @ May 23 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]259718[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, the main touch screen is connected to all models. It's just that the JBL has a CD changer. I also know that the steering wheel is different so I don't know what you can control from the steering wheel... on the JBL system you can change channel/mode and volume from the wheel (as well as power on/off)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EmptyG @ May 23 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]259718[/snapback]</div>
    I was against leather but wanted the GPS. The first car they got had leather and GPS so I accepted it. Now I think it's nice to have but the leather while nice is not as expensive to the touch as some more luxurious cars (like lexus) i.m.o

It's just above the frame to the left

3. mike0422

mike0422 New Member

What color did you order? I have the Silver Pine Mica with #3 package. I control the radio from the Computer Screen and you can switch stations and change volume as well from the steering wheel.

I've never had leather seats, but I do like the cloth that I got.

The backup camera lenses is just above the license plate left top corner.

For me it was the wise decision to get a #3. I didn't want a Nav system that only worked in one car. I'm planning to buy one in July that is portable so I can use it in whatever car we are driving at the time.

Congratulations. Now the hard part....waiting.

4. EmptyG

EmptyG New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SomervillePrius @ May 23 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]259721[/snapback]</div>
    Wow thanks for the fast response!!! :)

5. finally_got_one

finally_got_one New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EmptyG @ May 23 2006, 09:00 AM) [snapback]259718[/snapback]</div>
    I have had my #3 for over 2 months now...

The CD is controlled from the touchscreen.
    I kinda wished I had gotten leather, but cloth is good. I hear that leather can be added aftermarket to just about any model...
    Standing behind the car and facing it, it is to the left of the license plate on the rear hatch. It has a fisheye lens.

6. scionfriar

scionfriar Junior Member

I'm also on the waiting list for a #3 and I have one question. Is the #3 stereo able to have the Toyota Sirius add-on (not aftermarket)?

OK, 2 questions - how do you wait so long for the car??? It's like torture!

7. cooljw

cooljw Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    California doesn't get many 3s. Mostly 7s and 8s. I've been waiting for a 3 for 2.5 months now.

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have an '04 without NAV and with the standard audio system. So the controls should be the same as your #3 '06: All audio functions can be controlled from the touch screen, but also the steering wheel has buttons for Mode, Up/Down, and volume.

9. EmptyG

EmptyG New Member

I ordered the classic silver color, option package #3

I am going through a leasing/buying service through the SD credit union. The advantage is that I am not "on a list" per se. I placed an order which is being built and shipped here as we speak.

From my understanding, this is the way to go with the Prius. I have heard stories of people waiting for months on end to get one. Apparently this shouldn't be the case with mine.

I ordered it in early May. The lady called me a week later and said I should expect it to arrive in mid to late June.

But yeah the waiting is ROUGH!!! :)