1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

getting a 2010 II this week!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Dave7, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Dave7

Dave7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Just signed for a White 2010 II, used with 7k. I'm a TDI/ biodiesel convert and am glad PC is here to help me make the transition. I will need to adjust my driving habits. Looks like a wealth of info, looking forward to learning and driving.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :welcome: and congrats on the switch! a vote for clean air. all the best.:)

1 person likes this.
  3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wow! Congrats on a great Prius find. The low milers are usually a great deal. Welcome to PriusChat and be sure to read that owners manual and cruise PC for some great tips, advice and research.

1 person likes this.
  4. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :welcome: and enjoy your ride! :car:

1 person likes this.
  5. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome! I'd like to hear your story. It should be an interesting one.

1 person likes this.
  6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    we dun git many of u 'round deez parts a town.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dave7

Dave7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Here is the short version. 8 yrs ago I converted an 81 vw diesel rabbit to run on used fryer oil. I drove it for 2 years, and was on TV and in news papers. One day I almost got t-boned by a SUV running a stop sign.. I didn't feel safe anymore so I sold it and got a 99.5 TDI Jetta. I couldn't see converting it to run veggie oil, so I built a biodiesel processor and converted the used veg oil to bio diesel. I drove over 100,000 miles on home brewed bidiesel, selling solar electric systems in NY CT and MA. It was good, but brewing involved too much time, work and mess. So I sold the TDI and am trying to sell the processor. Just got my Prius last night. Fantastic car, I am thrilled.:D

1 person likes this.
  8. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm....so in less than a decade you've gone from a vehicle that ran on used fryer oil to a vehicle that runs on Regular Unleaded and Electricity. Hmm...you're either growing up, or slipping....

Plus you've gone from self created act's of creativity, to picking up one of the most popular mass produced vehicles on the planet.

Come on! I need the inspiration. I can't imagine 100,000 miles on home brewed biodiesel. Sometimes, I'll pay up to 10 Cent's more a gallon just so I can get a Hot Dog and 32 ounces of Cola simultaneously while the car is filling...

I mean, I think if you are going to brew anything, it should be highly illegal and happen in the back woods....

Plus I don't quite understand why "Almost getting T-Boned by a SUV running a stop sign" made you feel unsafe...unless the driver suddenly accelerated because of a hunger for fries...I mean SUV's can run stop signs and hit you regardless of what you are driving....

I'm a little torn, your story ends with you getting the latest Prius...Huzzah!

But somehow, on the other hand....it's the death of individualism, creative spirit,...
    albeit, tiring individualism, and creative spirit at the cost of sacrifice that I lazily admit I would never embrace....

But in general? I'm against growing up....so part of me thinks something has been lost.

I'll mourn this loss, by filling up at the gas station and then getting a Large order of Fries....

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC. :welcome:

1 person likes this.