1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting a courtesy nav upgrade DVD for '07?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ucsbgaucho, Feb 1, 2007.

1. ucsbgaucho

ucsbgaucho New Member

I bought my Prius 3 weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago I read on here that Toyota released a new nav DVD version, one week after I got my car. I haven't gone into the dealership to ask, but does anyone think it's reasonable to ask them to get the new disc for free, as sort of a "price guarantee" that you'd see at Circuit City, where if within 30 days the same item is cheaper, you can get the difference. Sort of the same logic, if I had waited just one week (reasonable amount of time), I would have received the newer disc.

Has anyone done this or had this happen to them?

2. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ucsbgaucho @ Feb 1 2007, 08:25 AM) [snapback]383903[/snapback]</div>
    If your car is that new, it probably already has the new DVD. I suspsect they don't actually release upgrades until they're already in the lastest cars. Check the version number. The new upgrade is 6.1.

Dave M.