1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

getting a magnetic grey...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rbitner, May 24, 2006.

1. rbitner

rbitner New Member

hey everyone,
    i paid the deposit for a magnetic grey #7 or #8 in San Francisco. the dealer said he would call once weekly to tell me where i was on the list but has never called after three weeks. when i call there, they only given really vague information, like "it typically takes 3-12 weeks to get a Prius." seeing how i ordered a magnetic grey, it seems like it could take much longer than this. here's a couple of questions:

1.) there's a listing on craigslist for a magnetic grey #7 from some guy who says he'll deliver it to me, or he'll pick me up and take me to a dealer that's 3 hours away but won't tell me where "because if I told you that, I'd be out of business." does this sound too sketchy?

2.) do people think the leather is really all that?

3.) how long do you all think it might take to get the magnetic grey through the dealer?

4.) am i running out of time for the carpool lane stickers and tax credit? maybe it's worth it to go with this mystery guy...

thanks!

2. powrfuel

powrfuel New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robinb @ May 24 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]260719[/snapback]</div>

3. krails

krails New Member

We ordered a Magnetic Gray (package #6) on Feb 14th and it arrived last Friday, 5/19, at Toyota 101. The Magnetic Gray color wasn't available at all until May since it's a new color, thus our over 3 month wait. They said we got the second of that color to come in to the dealership.

I don't know how long the wait on them will be, now that they're actually available instead of being an extra wait to get that color. I can say that I wouldn't trust some guy who will drive you to a dealership to get a special deal. If you really need the car fast, start calling all of the inland dealerships that are a ways from the Bay Area and you should have much better luck.

You should be ok on the stickers and tax credit. I think the credit is yours if you get it by September, and they're only in the 50000s last I read for the stickers (out of 75000 total).

The Magnetic Gray is definitely the color to choose out of the current options - very slick looking and not nearly as many on the road. But what Toyota REALLY needs to do is offer the dark blue metallic that is on the Camry as an option for the Prius. If they do that in 2007 we'll probably trade in our '06. =)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. rbitner

rbitner New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robinb @ May 24 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]260719[/snapback]</div>
    oooo! that's nice looking! :) that guy turned out to be totally sketchy. wouldn't even give me a time or place where "the pick up" would happen before i agreed to give him $500. i'll call the inland people. thanks!

5. ciparis

ciparis New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robinb @ May 25 2006, 09:23 PM) [snapback]261149[/snapback]</div>
    The trick there is, if he can find it.... you can find it. Just call around.

6. misstokyo

misstokyo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ciparis @ May 26 2006, 01:19 AM) [snapback]261212[/snapback]</div>

I'm in Los Angeles, but my MG #3 took exactly one month to arrive.
    My dealer was Longo Toyota in El Monte and I worked with Will Cottles - (626)580-6000.

7. blbgp

blbgp New Member

I ordered mine in March and I'm taking delivery today (in 1.5 more hours!). I know of the Craigslist guy and he is totally sketchy...unless you're in a crazy huge hurry I wouldn't use him (and even then I'd shy away). Keep calling around and checking Craigslist for reputable dealer posts.

8. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

1.) No
    2.) Yes, the leather is all that
    3.) 60 - 90 days maximum
    4.) no youre not, and no