1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting a manual for 2007

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rememberme, Aug 7, 2010.

1. rememberme

rememberme Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know that there is a PDF version of the manual available here for free. (Wow, thanks!:cheer2:) I know that I can buy one on E-Bay. That being said . . .

I just bought a 2007 Prius. When I test drove, the salesman opened the glove compartment where there was a white book. "There's the manual," he said. When I got home with my new car, I discovered that the book in the glove box was only the navigation manual. I went back and asked the salesman to get me a manual. He made a big fuss and then a big show of ordering it from the parts department for 24 dollars out of his own pocket:violin:.

Over 2 weeks later I am still without the manual. Now he claims that it's not here yet because it has to be reprinted--um, really? I don't think it works that way. If he really did order it, I would think we're just waiting around for someone to go to the stockpile and send it along.

So here is my question (at long last): Do you think he is stonewalling me and/or is uninformed and no manual is coming, so I should buy one on my own?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    :eek: Do you really think a car sales man would lie to you? Seriously, I would just print out the pdf version and carry that in the car. Who knows maybe he really did order it and if you buy one you'll be out $24.

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you're fed up with your dealer or salesman, you can call the Toyota Material Distribution Center at 1-800-622-2033 and buy the hard copy 2007 Prius Owner's Manual (Publication No. OM47568U) for $15.99.

1 person likes this.
  4. rememberme

rememberme Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you, Tom and Tom. I think I'll read through the PDF while I give it some more time. If I still don't get it in a bit, now I know where I can order one:

The Prius Chat forum is a wonderful thing.