1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting all doors to unlock

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by IABoy987, Sep 21, 2012.

1. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I believe that when you double push the fob unlock button all four doors unlock, however just coming up to your Prius will just unlock the driver side only. Wondered if there is a "secret" combination of pedal pushes, light switch/windshield on/offs that reprograms the Prius to make all four doors unlock everytime?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Press and hold the lock + panic button together for 5 seconds when the car's off to switch between the 3 modes.

It should be on page 32 of your manual.

PriusPilot84, IABoy987 and edthefox5 like this.
  3. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you!!

4. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ok I did the "unlock all doors" change to my smartkey system the other day but I have another question relating to it - how close do you have to get to the car for the smartkey to unlock the doors? I have to literally lean against the cars door with the FOB in my pocket for the smartkey to get recognized and the doors to unlock. Is that normal?

5. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When did you last change the fob battery? The fob transmitter isn't very strong I found, and changing the battery about once a year seemed to fix the problem you described.

6. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ahhhh...Thanks. I just bought the car 2 weeks ago - Ill bet the batteries are originals from 2007!

7. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I seem to remember my 2007 Gen II had two or three discrete li'l black buttons directly below the steering wheel column, above where the driver's shins would be when seated. One of these buttons when either depressed or extended (spring-loaded button lock) controlled which doors were opened electrically, whether by pushing the black rubber square on the door handle or by the fob. Kind of tricky to find the 1st time. The manual had door setting instructions once you located the buttons.
    I set the door handle buttons on all three main doors to open & lock all three doors. I remember that one of the buttons also switched all the proximity sensors for the Gen II on & off if you left it parked at an airport economy lot for, say, three+ weeks, to not drain the auxiliary car battery. Of course, that was back in '07, and the details are dim for me now.

8. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    2007 Prius Owner's Manual only shows the SKS on/off button where you describe. See page 34 in link here; http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM47568U/pdf/02-01.pdf

The usual procedure of Press and hold the lock + panic button together for 5 seconds is on page 32 in the link above, like cwerdna wrote in post #2.

I like extra buttons so I went out to look in wife's 2008 Gen II and found two buttons where you describe them. One to turn SKS on/off, and one to set the Tire Pressure Monitoring System after you have the tires set to the pressure you want.

9. wgary

wgary Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four