1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting Closer To Buying ....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Husker4theSpurs, May 1, 2007.

1. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am getting closer and closer to purchasing a Prius. I think I'm going to go with Super White and possibly the Touring Edition. Seems like people are torn on whether the Touring really rides much different or whether it gets slightly worse fuel economy or not. Could it be that much more of a stiff ride? Any opinions I may not have read already?

Any pics of Super White anyone wants to post? I just think it looks REALLY nice with tinted windows. Pretty much every car I've owned has been black ... they just look really sharp when clean, but of course we all know keeping black cars clean is pretty tough. Pretty safe to assume MOST Super White Prii are sent out with Bisque rather than dark gray interior? I'm torn on interior color, but pretty dead set on the Super White Exterior. Anyone care to post some pics of their interior colors? It's sometimes hard to tell on the toyota.com site how they REALLY look.

I was surprised when I found some Super White Touring models out there b/c if I go to toyota.com and try to build one, it doesn't SEEM to be offered in that color. Maybe it's just the area I live in. IF I decide to buy the Prius I may just keep my other car so I have something a little larger and that will get around when the nasty cold weather hits in the winters here.

Not sure what I'm waiting for ... maybe unsure about owning 2 cars or about whether the '08s will offer something new. I drive a lot of miles a year (25,000 and up) so it makes sense overall.

Thanks everyone!

2. Husker4theSpurs

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone have any idea how much longer the incentives will last? I'm getting a little nervous about missing out on some savings, but I'm unable to buy for a few weeks yet. I've decided if I do buy one it will be a Super White Touring ... not really particular about the interior color, I might like the "bisque" a little bit better in terms of not absorbing the sun's heat so much but I think I like the dark gray color moreso.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker4theSpurs @ May 2 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]434446[/snapback]</div>
    Good luck finding what you want. Tourings are supposed to be 5% of production. When I looked on line at several dealers' inventory they run about 10%. Finding the specific color and option package you want may be an adventure. You may want to e-mail very dealer you can think of asking for their quote on a white touring. Good luck and happy hunting.

4. Husker4theSpurs

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Seems like there are some Super White Tourings out there from the little peeking around I've done, but you are right ... it may be tough to find exactly what I want. Might be a lot of calls and e-mails here in the near future!

I am willing to travel a ways to get one if need be ...

5. Husker4theSpurs

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone have any suggestions of how to go about finding the car I want?

Here is my situation ...

I want a Touring model with at least package #5 in Super White. They don't send that model out to my area in White. I am willing to travel however far to get a good deal and the car I want. If I were to buy locally and they traded for the car with another dealership, they'd have to go get it (putting miles on it) and I couldn't deal as easily. I'd rather just buy from a dealer with one on the lot.

Should I try one of those online sites to buy and have dealers contact me? Should I just call random dealers where I know they send the Touring in Super White out to? There are a lot of Toyota dealers out there!

Anyone know of any local places that they worked with that gave them a great deal on a Package 5 (or higher) Touring they'd like to recommend?

Thanks everyone!

6. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker4theSpurs @ May 3 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]435136[/snapback]</div>

I think they had them in white where I bought, but I know if I can say on the forum. I guess you could PM me.

7. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker4theSpurs @ May 1 2007, 06:24 PM) [snapback]433539[/snapback]</div>
    I've got an opinion on the interior for you...DON"T get the bisque unless you are a super clean, non-drinker or eater in the car. I have a three year old, and the bisque interior is a pain in the keyster. It shows everything!

I'll be getting my second Prius in the next week or so, and I've searched 'til the ends of the earth to find the color I want with the charcoal grey interior. Lucky that I did find one!

8. Husker4theSpurs

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like how the "bisque" looks better and am leaning that way ... just like how it looks better than the gray, but thanks for the warning! I'm still deciding on the final choice though. You are right ... it sure is light! The dark gray isn't exactly as dark as I thought it'd look either.

9. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker4theSpurs @ May 3 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]435136[/snapback]</div>
    Check out the advice on www.carbuyingtips.com. A dealer trade doesn't necessarily mean they'll drive it. It could be diverted from the port (or wherever your state gets them from) or trucked between the dealers. I would send e-mails asking for quotes for the car you want and list any alternates you will consider. If someone wants to make a sale and get a satisfied customer they'll find your car.

10. Husker4theSpurs

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My local dealers said they will trailer a car if you pay for it or else will drive to get it ... they said there is one coming to port they could switch to their allocation, but I won't be ready to buy for a couple of weeks yet.

11. ESanders2

ESanders2 New Member

I went with a Dark Grey/Super White b/c I have kids and didn't want the inside to get stained and dirty. I also couldn't seem to find this color option anywhere and had to order from the factory. I even tried to get a Touring in Package 2 but apparently that's not available even factory direct. My dealer placed an order from the plant and it arrived in about 3 weeks.

12. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker4theSpurs @ May 1 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]433539[/snapback]</div>
    I have a white Prius with window tinting and a black and red door protectors. The pics are taken late afternoon so not as good as could be.
    [attachmentid=8174][attachmentid=8173][attachmentid=8175]

Attached Files: