1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting EV miles without charge

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by horent135, Jun 16, 2023.

1. horent135

horent135 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This happen to me twice recently, and not sure how many more times...
    I haven't charge my car since forever 1+year and somehow recently I started my car up and it gives me 5 miles of EV, and I didn't even charge it..

The problem is I can't replicate this because it doesn't happen everytime. I just replace my 12v battery hoping it will fix it since I brought the car 2016.

Anyone getting this problem that the hybrid system indicator giving EV miles?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    when it showed 5 miles ev, did it actually drive 5 miles without the engine coming on?

3. horent135

horent135 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The first time, it didn't.. I took it on the highway drove down to 2 miles left and battery went to super low without the countdown miles, ICE kicked in and went back to normal, didnt show any EV miles after that.

The second time, I drove all 5 miles local and it acted like it was EV mode to 0 miles (didn't display mileage anymore) but battery indicator has most of the bars 7 out of 8 bars.

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i feel like this happened to someone else, but i don't remember the outcome. i can see the meter being screwy, or a poor 12v causing computer issues, but i can't understand how a charge can be put in the battery if not plugged in.