1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting Huper Optik put on Saturday, have a question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jonjonbear, Oct 10, 2007.

1. jonjonbear

jonjonbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello all..
    Not sure if this is the right forum but seems like a mod to me! :lol:
    I got a quote and appointment to get my car done Saturday. I asked him if they could do the top part of the windshield since it doesn't have any factory tint. He asked if it has that "microwave oven" polka dots and I didn't think it did but of course it does over the mirror. He also asked if it had electrics in the mirror as they don't like to mess around with those wires and of course it does and they look like they are attached somehow.. So I was wondering if the majority of folks having their windows tinted are having the strip done? I had a thought but it might look totally ridiculous. I thought maybe they could put strips on both sides, that would be the same distance from the top of the windshield down as the dot stuff and just bring the tint right up to the edge of the dots..I think from the outside you wouldn't be able to tell as the tint would transition right to the dot stuff.
    Any ideas? This is the only tint shop I trust as they have done every car I have owned for the last 13 years. They always back their product.

Thanks!
    John

2. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The tint guy I talked to (who was planning to use a different product) said he would not be able to tint that area above the rearview mirror because of the wiring or embedded stuff.

Maybe others have found a way to deal with it.

3. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'll be very curious to know how you like the Huper! Was thinking about getting the same before next summer.

Rob

4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Great question! I would like to know why there is no tint at all at the top part of the windscreen. I can't recall the last car I had that didn't have the top several inches tinted (from the factory).

5. Raider

Raider New Member

I had 15 percent on front banner, rear sides and rear top, with 50 percent on front sides. I didn't get rear lower done just in case I couldn't see out at night. I can see well out the windows at night.

For the front windshield banner, the place that installed mine, did two pieces; left and right.

They even did the little windows.

Tinted windows kept the interior cool, until I felt the dashboard and it was HOT. I got a dashmat but it hasn't been hot enough for me to see if the dashmat keeps the dashboard temperature down.