1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting Music on my Blackberry to Play on Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Haupia, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Haupia

Haupia New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Unbelievable newbie here.

I have a Blackberry 8320 (T-Mobile, if this info is necessary) and I have music on it that I want to play in my Prius 08. What do I need to hook it all up? Do I use the bluetooth feature or the plug that's in the center console? If the plug, what kind of connection do I use? It looks like there's something to plug something in with two prongs. Seriously need help.

2. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PC!

No Bluetooth audio streaming available in 04-09 models.

Just plug the audio out from your Blackberry to the Aux port inside the Center Console via a 3.5mm cable. Switch the audio mode to Aux and you're done.

When your phone is connected to the car's Bluetooth and you're playing music through the stereo, the music would be muted automatically if a call comes in (whether the song is paused or not is a function of your phone).

Have fun and enjoy!

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I can say this will work via Bluetooth in the 2010 - I posted video on YouTube of this.

4. Haupia

Haupia New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I saw the video and was instantly jealous by missing it by one year. Gah! I'm fine using something tangible.

5. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    BTW, is the audio jack on your phone 2.5mm or 3.5mm?

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Generally you have to turn up the volume on your phone. The AUX input on the car is not very sensitive.

In other words, after you plug in your phone, switch to AUX on the car stereo, and start playing, you should set the volume on your phone to make the volume from the car speakers sound about the same level as when listening to a CD or the radio on the car. Simply cranking up the car stereo volume will add noise to the output.

Tom

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    On the curve it's 3.5mm