1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting New England Region to Offer Package 4 (HG)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gordonr, Dec 8, 2005.

1. gordonr

gordonr Member

Other than trying to initiate a special order, it appears nearly impossible to get an '06 Prius with package 4 in New England. Originally the dealership I am working with was going to try and swap with a dealer in New York as package 4 was initally listed as available in that region. In the past two weeks, the info for New York has been updated and package 4 disappeared.

My sales rep says that Toyota listens to customer feedback. I would like to start a large wave of customer comments hitting the New England regional office regarding the desire to see package 4 added to the mix.

I'm going give them a call tomorrow, and follow it up with a letter. I encourage others to do the same.

The contact info is:

Toyota Motor Sales USA
    440 Forbes Blvd
    Mansfield, MA 02048
    (508) 261-0700

I'm not too sure who to speak with, but they must have a regional manager or an assistant regional manager. I suppose they must also have a regional customer relations person as well.

2. TopWorld

TopWorld New Member

After reading Prius Chat for a bit it's time to enter my first post. I couldn't agree more with gordonr. After spending time narrowing down the package we wanted, ie. Package 4 as we live in VT, we find it's not available. I've spoken with three dealers in the last two day and have been told the Boston Region (all of New England) as well as upstate NY, at least, are unable to order Package 4. I would think a lot of folks would be interested in this given the VSC and the weather we have.

So, per Gordon's note, I called:

Toyota Motor Sales USA
    440 Forbes Blvd
    Mansfield, MA 02048
    (508) 261-0700

and was referred to Corporate Customer Relations in CA (800-331-4331). They said any dealer should be able to get any package. Back to square one. It would be most interesting to see a listing of all regions which are getting Pkg 4. This is what I was hoping the Corp folks could provide.

Cheers, Greg

3. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

When I ordered my 2004 which became a 2005 car some dealers said I could only pick from 3 packages and none were what I wanted.

That made it really easy to pick the dealer I bought from, when they offered to get me what I wanted!

4. gordonr

gordonr Member

I couldn't get through to the person I wanted to reach, so I'll try again tomorrow. The package decisions are made in the regions, not at Toyota corporate USA.

I don't know all the places where the HG (pkg 4) is being offered, but it seems like the closest places to New England where it's being offered is the Southeast Region (North Carolina being the closest state), and Ohio. The pacific northwest and Arizona also have it.

5. theorist

theorist Member

Congratulations. Package #4 (HG) is now available in new england!

This brings us up to base (FE only), #3, #4, #5, #7, #8 according to 'build your toyota', at least in Massachusetts. It seems that this change is new and dealers may still seem reluctant to promise package #4.

Can anyone say what percent of the new allocations will be package #4 or when they start arriving?

Thank you for your lobbying!