1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

getting started

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by barbaram, May 19, 2006.

1. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    HI Prius owners!

We should have a NJ group! Any suggestions from exsisting groups about how to get started would be appreciated!

Thanks!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    THe CHicago group started with humble beginnings early last year. At our first get-together there were three of us. Eventually thirteen and most recently close to twenty-five. But that took more than a year.

What we've found is that people will most likely come to something once. If they like it, they'll come back. So far we've stuck with informal gatherings. However, having attended a Milwaukee Hybrid Group meeting, we realized that it's a hundred times better to have something organizd complete with guest speakers and informational discussions. And bring donuts!

And most of all, have fun. As soon as it becomes work give it to someone else to do.

3. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thnaks Tony! F U N is the name of the game!

4. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    color=#3366FF]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ May 19 2006, 02:58 AM) [snapback]257933[/snapback]</div>
    we in Long Island, NY, started a LI Prius owners group, at our first meet there where 4 owners w/ 3 cars ( mine was at a Toyota service facilities for a week) and at our last meet, this past sunday we where 8 Priuses with 9 owners. Our pictures are posted Here at the bottom of the page.
    We had a great time and had lunch at D&B later on. It is a nice experience and start recluting Pri owners for your first meet and good luck in your endeavor ;)

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    My father is a member of the Studebaker Driver's Club and among their activities (ice cream socials, parades) is road trips. They meet in a parking lot and drive to a local exhibit or museum (including a trip to a Toyota design studio). I'm a member of the San Diego Prius Club and we've had guest speakers and trips to the local auto museum. We're hoping to do a road trip to Los Angeles to the Peterson Automotive Museum (exhibit on alternative fuels).

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jun 12 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]270353[/snapback]</div>
    Last I heard, they were supposed to be getting an EV1 for display. Hope so!

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jun 12 2006, 10:49 PM) [snapback]270391[/snapback]</div>
    Believe me, I'm going, whether or not we go as a group. I'll be taking pictures. Last time they had a display of cars of the future......from the 1930s to 1950s perspective.