1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting the 2006 Tax Credit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by prius-yes-dubya-no, Feb 1, 2006.

1. prius-yes-dubya-no

prius-yes-dubya-no New Member

I took delivery of my 2006 Prius on January 3, 2006. I understand that there is a tax credit available for the 2006 tax year, but only so many of these (60,000)? Is there a form / application that I need to request from some government agency to qualify / lock in my access to the tax credit?

2006 Prius Owner
    Irving, Texas

2. Headshop

Headshop New Member

I took delivery on the 1st and asked my dealer the same question. At the time they said they and Toyota were waiting for the IRS to make a decsion on how they would determine eligibilty. I still havent recieved an answer. I was told to check the IRS web site and hold on to all my purchase documentation. Has anyone heard a definitive answer on what forms and documentation are needed to recieve the tax credit for next year?

3. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

To datet, the IRS has not published "official" rules, etc.
    It's a federal income tax credit.
    It's almost certainly going to be a line item on 1040 without requiring itemization (like the tax deduction it replaces).
    Your sales receipt ought to be sufficient but you may as well keep all your documentation. (It doesn't take up that much space after all.) B)