1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Getting Voice Rec working in New Zealand ??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by philipnewton1, Aug 8, 2007.

1. philipnewton1

philipnewton1 New Member

We've got a Prius with Nav.

What I'd like some help with is getting voice recognition working in NZ... My wife and I are North American natives and don't have a kiwi accent!

I've looked around at the files on the DVD and the VR commands are clearly there.

My guess is there one or two bytes that need to be flipped from '00' to '01' to get the VR to work.

Any thoughts or help on testing this theory would be most welcome!

Thanks!

2. Inches

Inches Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    As I recall there is a "training mode" somewhere in the menus. I am not near my car or I'd search it out for ya. I stumbled on it when looking for some bluetooth stuff.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi philipnewton1, welcome to PriusChat! Inches is incorrect, there is no learning mode. I'm not sure what model/options you have there in NZ. It looks like a lot of Prius are imported directly from Japan, from what I've read, so if your car has Voice Recognition, you may have to learn Japanese.

Even in North America, with a middle-American non-accent, VR is hit or miss. My 2005 recognizes the command Screen Off but my 2007 responds to the same command with Showing Ski Resort icons. I think VR is mostly for amusement.