1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ghosts in my climate control, it resets itself.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ridoanna, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ridoanna

ridoanna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When I set my temp to 69 to 73, fresh air, head only icon and fan at about 3 or 4 bars, strange things happen. Outside temp is around 60 to 70. I do not have the auto set. I just want fresh air coming in on head icon only. What happens after a few minutes is that by itself it will go to recirculation, head and foot icon and the fan will max out. I reset it to what I want and it does it again after a few minutes. Any explanation for this? I do not have it set on auto climate and I do not have the ac on.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm not really sure because I don't pay that much attention to mine but I don't think I have ever seen it go to recirculate unless I had the AC on and the system in AUTO.

Try this:
    1. Turn the system OFF, then put it in AUTO
    2. Set the temperature where you want it, take it out of recirculate, and turn AC OFF
    3. Turn the system to OFF
    4. It should work now giving you outside air and selecting "feet" if it's cooler in the car than the temperature you have selected; selecting "head" if it is warmer
    5. If you want the fan you should be able to operate it manually

I'll try to remember to pay attention to mine tomorrow and see if I gave you good information or not. :)